Mar 17, 2007

Math and why i hate it

Well...so the POM exam is over...(production and operations management) dunno why its called that..Coz i had a holy terror of this subject before i actually studied it..
I always thought a subject like that would be math oriented - and for those who dont know, my fear of math is legendary..but it wasnt!!!!!
it was , as is popularly called in our lauguage , gas.

the exam was ok..but i always wonder why i couldnt do math?
right from eighth standard..ive hated math..i love math tuition..but that was because i went to this really cool friends house to be taught by her really cool mom and i basically spent four hours chatting, eating, drinking the most amazing coffee in the world, watching tv, going up to the terrace to watch ships...and avoiding the subject like the plague.. poor aunty spent ages trying to make me study..i did try..but it just dint happen somehow..
pretty soon i ended up with a dragon of a teacher who MADE me work..and it drove me MAD!..
i kid u not..at one point i actually started dreaming that x and y were chasing me around a cylinder with a cone on top and ended up pushing me off it ..and i plummented to my death...

anyway...i ended up dropping math after 10th..i thought i was rid of the subject for good..until i started prepping for the CAT..
i got to IIFT...(dunno how)..though its pretty obvious they dont have sectional cutoffs..and i was happy..until.........

first week - INTRODUCTION TO MATH!! YOU WOULD THINK INTRODUCTION TO MATH WOULD BE EASY, wouldnt you???? WELL IT ISNT!!!

anyway..i think..after the next two exams - International Eco and International Fin, i think im done with the calculator..for good..but somehow..i have this nagging feeling that god will continue to punish me for some sin i have committed in my past life.and will force me to look at numbers again..some day in the future..

On a related note..im also terrified of cows(in some future post ill explain why)..i know noone will belive me , i can picture incredulous smiles, and annoyed grins as you read this...but yes -
i do belive they have a master plan for world domination, that they are going to over throw the indian democratic system..and will force us to watch them chew the cud until we humans die of boredom..

Labels: